Don’t let a Adairsville, GA sewer backup wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing. Keeping your pipes flowing smoothly takes more than the occasional drain cleaner. Routine maintenance will help prevent sewer backups, but the skilled Bearden Plumbing Solutions team understands some blockages are unavoidable. Environmental and man-made elements can contribute to a sewer backup, so it’s good to be aware of the most common causes to help keep your system running smoothly. In addition to Adairsville, our team of professionals serve Cartersville, Calhoun, White, Emerson, Kingston, Canton, Rome, Acworth, Kennesaw, and Marietta.
Homeowners in Adairsville and surrounding communities are responsible for the pipeline between the city sewer main and their home or business building. If a lateral that extends off the city’s sewage system deteriorates or is penetrated by invasive tree roots, it’s up to the property owner to make necessary repairs.
Causes of Sewer Backups
At Bearden Plumbing Solutions, we understand that sewer backups can call for costly repairs and inhibit water and waste from flowing properly. The blockage can be caused by a number of things, but some of the most common contributors to a sewer backup include:
- Aging pipes: New homes continue to be built and attached to the aging systems, causing them to work even harder. When the systems can’t keep up, sewage seeps through home drains, manhole covers, and city street drains.
- Inappropriate waste: Buildup within city pipes increases when grease, fats and oils are poured down the drain or foreign objects flushed down the toilet. To prevent the buildup and clogs, only use your drains for what their intended use.
- Married pipelines: Many cities have sewer systems that combine storm water and raw sewage piping. During heavy rain events, the systems are flooded, sending sewage into low lying areas and drains.
- Tree root invasion: The root systems of mature trees grow to be expansive and complex. Those roots have the power to cut through sewer pipes, creating blockages. The repair cost will fall on the tree owner.
Bearden Plumbing Solutions will perform a sewer camera inspection to determine the cause and severity of your sewer backup.
Detecting and Solving Sewer Backup Problems
The Bearden Plumbing Solutions team will perform a thorough camera inspection to determine the exact location of the sewer backup, what caused the problem, and offer the best solution for your problem.
Our courteous technicians use a high definition water resistant camera that’s attached to a flexible cable. Buildup, debris or tree roots that are causing the backup will be revealed on the live feed. Once the problem has been located, the Bearden Plumbing Solutions team will make the necessary repairs. Possible solutions include:
- Snaking: A plumbing auger allows the technician to grab and remove a specific clog.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is a chemical-free method used to clear debris, buildup and tree roots from pipes. Water is forced through the pipes at around 4000 PSI, washing away any clog.
- Sewer pipe replacement: It may be necessary to replace the sewer line if the sewer backup has caused a crack in the pipe, as with tree root invasion. Our technicians will explain the problem and determine if pipe replacement is needed.
At Bearden Plumbing Solutions, we offer a variety of sewer backup solutions. Our team will make repairs to ensure your plumbing continues to run smoothly. For questions about your sewer line or to request an estimate, contact Bearden Plumbing Solutions today.